Thursday, June 26, 2008

Long lost book...

I couldn't remember the last time I have partially read this book, or have I read it to the end? It escapes me. One thing I'm sure of is that it had been several years ago.

I was surprised to see it in Mimi's bedroom. Her family have just moved into a new house a few months back and last week was my first time to go there. I was lounging in her bedroom and saw it atop the nook of the dresser.

It was Living, Loving and Learning by Leo Buscaglia, Ph.D.

I borrowed it back. I want to learn again that when you re-read a book, it's always different every time. I am reading random chapters of it and I remember some. I am smiling most of the time. I never thought that I have been paying attention to Buscaglia. All those years passed and I'm happy to find that I applied (some of) it.

It's hard to find a favorite part of such a beautiful book but in every point of your life, there will always be words that will fit.

At this moment, here is mine. Buscaglia wrote:

I don't know where you put me, but believe me, I'm nowhere else than where you are. I'm just as confused. I'm just as lonely. I'm just as despairing. I cry as often. I have no more answers than you do. I've just stopped asking the questions. I'm just involved in the process. I'm not even asking for answers anymore. I just think it's a wonderful thing that I am. And people write me letters, and they say, why death? Why pain? Why must children die? Why must we be despairing, etc? I write back and say "How the hell should I know?" Greater people than I have been asking those questions for centuries. I don't know why. But I do remember that many, many years ago, somebody said that sometimes we get so involved in the questions that we don't live the answers.


I say Amen to that.
I say if you are looking for a book to while away the time, pick this up. Pick it up because it's real.
Among all the fiction piling up in your room, go get this beautiful non-fiction. Who knows you can positively live your life because you got bored.

^_~


No comments: