Today, I received this e-mail from Brother Bo:
+++
TWO-FACED CHRISTIAN
“No one can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other.” – Matthew 6:24
A woman asked a priest to officiate the blessing of her newly-opened grocery store. The blessing was scheduled on a particular date. On that day, a typhoon hit Metro Manila and all the streets surrounding her grocery were flooded. The priest called the lady and asked if they could postpone the blessing of the place. But the lady insisted since her “stars” revealed that that was a lucky day. So, with their feet submerged in water, the blessing pushed through.
How often do we succumb to these kinds of practices? On New Year’s Eve, some people wear polka dots, put coins in their pockets or buy 12 kinds of round fruits for good luck. Others consult their horoscopes or a fortuneteller to guide them in their decisions.
How often do we succumb to these kinds of practices? On New Year’s Eve, some people wear polka dots, put coins in their pockets or buy 12 kinds of round fruits for good luck. Others consult their horoscopes or a fortuneteller to guide them in their decisions.
Most people say, “I’ve got nothing to lose when I do these things.” But as professed Christians, we need to be vigilant regarding what we get ourselves into. By believing in superstitions, we are offending God and opening ourselves to danger. The first commandment states, “I am the Lord Your God; you shall not have strange gods before Me.”
Who do you worship? Our choices and our actions reveal whose side we are on. Judith Concepcion
REFLECTION:
Make a decision today to worship God alone and renounce all other gods in your life.
Lord, forgive me for having offended You. You are my Lord and my All.
+++
All the things that I have been thinking lately are becoming too clear that denial would be incredibly intentional. What am I doing with my life? I am making people happy. I am pleasing them the same as I am pleasing myself. But what am I doing to God? Why do I always fall away? Why am I letting these things happen? Having fun. Prioritizing the worldly life? Of course I'm not tired of it all. What person would get tired from having fun and living the kind of life and having the circle of friends that I have?
God, I have been asking for signs. All I ever asked for most is wisdom. I said once that I'm going to follow You from now on but look at me, I am such a failure.
Today, in my humblest way, I'm going to follow the signs You've been sending me.
+++
All the things that I have been thinking lately are becoming too clear that denial would be incredibly intentional. What am I doing with my life? I am making people happy. I am pleasing them the same as I am pleasing myself. But what am I doing to God? Why do I always fall away? Why am I letting these things happen? Having fun. Prioritizing the worldly life? Of course I'm not tired of it all. What person would get tired from having fun and living the kind of life and having the circle of friends that I have?
God, I have been asking for signs. All I ever asked for most is wisdom. I said once that I'm going to follow You from now on but look at me, I am such a failure.
Today, in my humblest way, I'm going to follow the signs You've been sending me.

No comments:
Post a Comment